MAKING A NEW FILE
1. Go to Phrases, Edit Phrases, Create, Type in name, you will get a page with directions. Highlight the directions and delete it all – I will describe the directions here.
2. NO DOTS (dots are periods) in top category – imagine it as a filing cabinet
3. Example of a main category might be NURSING CARE or CONVERSATION
4. SINGLE DOT (with no spaces before or after it) and then the next category – probably not what you will say in the end – more like a filing cabinet drawer
5. Example of that would be HYGIENE, BATH, TOILETING, MEDICINE etc under NURSING CARE and GREETINGS, QUESTIONS, COMMENTS under the CONVERSATION file.
6. TWO DOTS (once again – no spaces before or after) for the next category – this is where you could even have a final comment made. Picture that as the file folder.
7. Example of that would be Brush teeth under HYGIENE or “I think it is time for my medicine” and “I need some Ibuprofen” under Medicine
8. THREE DOTS (no spaces before and after) for the final category where things will probably most definitely be spoken. This is like the paper that is in the file folders.
9. Example of this is like “Please use the blue toothbrush”, “Make sure you brush my tongue”, “I also need some mouthwash” all under the Brush Teeth.
…Please use the blue toothbrush.
…Make sure you brush my tongue.
…I also need some mouthwash.
..I think it is time for my medicine.
..I need some Ibuprofen
EDITING AN EXISTING FILE
1. Go into Phrases
2. Go to Edit Phrases
3. Make changes directly on that area following the above directions
4. Save file
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR FILE – GO TO SIDE TALK ONCE AND THEN BACK INTO THE PHRASE FILE TO CHOOSE YOUR NEW FILE GO TO FILES AND OPEN UP THE ONE YOU WANT.
The design part of the phrase file (sizing of lettering) can be changed very easily in the DESIGN section on the MAIN MENU.
Please call me if you need any help with your phrases.